Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tracking Goals

I realized that I am still reaching goals and not documenting them.  Since I've been running outside 3 days a week, I don't normally time myself or track my miles.  When I'm stuck on the treadmill in the winter, I have no choice but to set my pace and my miles.  The other day, I took my phone on our 5 mile hill run with the kids and was shocked at how fast we really went.  I  didn't feel the need to document my progress, but then when I look back and realize where I was and where I am, I decided that I'm kind of proud of my 36 year old self and I should be documenting what I'm doing.

 4 months ago 
3 miles at 8:30 minute pace
 2 miles and 7:30  minute pace
level 12 group ride

3 months ago
3 miles at 7:30 minute pace
level 12 group ride

2 months ago
3 miles at 7 minute pace
5 miles at 8 minute pace
level 14 group ride

now
5 miles at 7:30 minute pace
5 miles of hills at 8 minute pace 
(pushing jogging stroller and walking Sawyer's bike up the 2 steep hills)
level 16 group ride


It's fun to see how my hard work has paid off and just how quickly I am able to make improvements.  Scott tells me that most people don't go to the gym to "kill themselves" but why waste your time if you aren't there to improve.   I love that my body fat is still at 16% even though I went to 6 BBQ's in less than 2 weeks and ate a ton of food I normally wouldn't eat.  My body is almost exactly where I want it to be.  I just need to get my knee to not hurt on 10 miles at 8 minute pace so I can go running with the "hot moms" (the nickname, I was told that the staff says, of all the pretty moms with rockin' bodies that all go running together...now that's a mom's club that I wouldn't mind being a part of...lol).  They keep asking me to go with them, but I keep saying no.  I just would hate to embarrass myself...as much as they reassure me I won't, I want to do it on my own first...and then I'll go with them.  

No comments:

blogger trackerblogger templates