Saturday, June 18, 2011

Puff Puff Pancakes

I adore Puff Puff Pancakes, and was so excited to try this version made with apples.
I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but when we have guests, I always love to make something special in the morning.  These turned out fabulous, just eggie enough to satisfy me and sweet enough to satisfy everyone else.

Apple Puff Puff Pancakes
2 Tbl. Butter
2 Eggs
1/4 cup + 2 Tbls flour ( I used wheat pastry flour)
1/4 cup + 2 Tbls milk (I used soy milk)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
1 1/2 Tbl. pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat over to 400.
Melt butter in 9" pie plate, in oven.
Mix eggs, flour, milk and salt for 1 minute at medium speed.
Pour egg mixture in pie plate.
Mix cinnamon and maple syrup together then stir in apples.
Arrange apples on top of the mixture.
Bake until puffed up, 20 minutes.
Pour warm syrup over top and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve immediately, while still puffy.


No comments:

blogger trackerblogger templates