Monday, January 13, 2014

My Favorite Paleo Junk Food ~ Peanut Butter Cups

I am not true Paleo, but I love the idea and try hard to follow some of the ideas of the movement.  Since I gave up processed sugar a year and a half ago I have really not craved sweets much.  But sometimes I do...and sometimes I need a little fix.  This is the first recipe I ever found that counts as Paleo Junk Food to me, but I love it!  I found this recipe from Practical Paleo.   She calls it fudge but I call it my peanut butter cups.  It's such a great flavor.

Almond Butter Cups

1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Penzeys High Fat Cocoa Powder 
1/2 cup Almond Butter
1/4 cup Maple Syrup (or you can use honey)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Melt the coconut oil and then blend all the ingredients in a blender.  
Fill a silicon tray or paper lined mini muffin cups.  
Put in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
Remove from tray.  
Store in the freezer. 

I found that using a high quality blender works better than a food processor.  The chocolate comes out much smoother.

I also love using my different silicon trays, I have a number of Demarle trays and I find that the shallow, and small ones give you the option to eat 2 or 3 pieces of chocolate without overdoing it.
Keeping them in the freezer until right before you are going to eat them is so important.  You don't want it to melt and lose any of the paleo goodness.


No comments:

blogger trackerblogger templates