Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My own version of Jambalaya


The closest thing this recipe comes to is Jambalaya...but it's kind of a stretch. Scott adores this dish, my mom made him something similar when she came to visit one time (about 10 years ago) and I was still vegetarian. Back then anything that had meat in it was a treat for him. My mom's good at just throwing things together...so there was no recipe...but this was my version I started a few years ago.

Kielbasa Jambalaya

1 5oz package Saffron Yellow Rice
1 lb Polska Kielbasa (sliced)
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (do NOT drain)
1 yellow pepper (sliced)
1 green pepper (sliced)
1 small onion (sliced)
1 Tbls. Penzeys Medium Hot Crushed Red Pepper

Cook rice according to directions on package.
Spray skillet with olive oil and cook kielbasa until heated.
Added can of diced tomatoes, peppers, onion and crushed pepper.
Heat until simmering.
Serve on top of bed of yellow rice.


I had to include this picture of Sawyer. I love it when she helps with dinner!

3 comments:

LizzyG said...

Oh my goodness, that looks delicous! And I am so impressed with how much Sawyer helps you in the kitchen. I have a feeling we're going to be watching her cooking show someday. And Tobin is going to be one lucky man :)

Stephanie said...

Yum! I had a craving for something hot and meaty, so I'm making beef stew today. But I'll definitely have to try out this recipe!

Love that picture of Sawyer!

Unknown said...

Yum! I love this dish, too! Definitely a post-pregnancy meal...but can't wait to make it again!

blogger trackerblogger templates