Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Two Day Sandwich


I love this sandwich.  It's probably one of the best french dips ever...it just takes me 2 days to make it.  Scott always asks why I only make it once a month, or so and I just shake my head and smile.  It's hard for me, since I'm not driven by "what's for dinner?", to think ahead enough to make this sandwich.
Here's the recipe to my favorite french dip.

Rachel's French Dip Sandwich

~Roast Makings~
3-4 lb roast
3 Tbls. Traeger Beef Rub
3 Tbls. minced garlic
3 Tbls. Balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. dry mustard
~Sandwhich Makings~
Sliced sourdough wheat bread
sliced sharp cheddar cheese
4 Tbls. sandwich sprinkle

Rub the roast with the beef rub and garlic. 
Place roast in crock pot and make several slits to the top of the roast. 
In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients and pour over meat. 
Cover and cook 4-5 hours.

Once done, thinly slice and store in a container with the juice from the crock pot.  
The next day, take the meat and warm it on a hot grill. 
Warm some of the au jus from the container.
Butter the bread. 
Place the meat, and cheddar cheese on the bread and sprinkle with the sandwich sprinkle. 
Grill on a Panini Maker and serve warm with a side of the au jus.

No comments:

blogger trackerblogger templates