Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Oranges and Strawberries

I just finished Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris. It was a wonderful book that Molly recommended to me. I enjoyed the story line and the questions that worked themselves out throughout the book. The little girl's nickname is called "Boise" and being from Idaho I read it that way...even though I'm sure it's something else. We all struggle with remembering our pasts and thinking sometimes things were so much worse than they really were. I enjoyed reading about how she came full circle to accepting and being able to love her mother and daughter.

I also read Astrid & Veronika by Linda Olsson. This was a nice easy read. A story of two women learning to live again by learning how to care about each other. Some tragic things occur in this book. I can't relate, but I can enjoy the read.

No comments:

blogger trackerblogger templates