Sunday, October 21, 2007

Quick and Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup

I found a fun recipe online and was excited to try it out for dinner last night. Little did I know that I was up against a wet and tired husband who decided to come home an hour early for dinner.
I had to make some quick adjustments to this recipe...and it came out to be delicious and was ready to eat in less than 10 minutes. I will admit that the flavor improved given more time to simmer...but in a flash, this worked wonderfully.


Quick & Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 15 oz can whole corn, drained
2 cups vegetable broth (I bouillon cube)
1 12.5 oz can chunk chicken, drained
1 15 oz can black beans, drained
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes w/green chile peppers, drained
2 Tbls. Taco Seasoning
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Tortilla Chips


Pour everything into a large sauce pan.
Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through.
**Or for a quick meal, heat over medium high heat until you bring it to a boil.**
Serve over a bed of tortilla chips and top with cheese (Don't use the broth, if serving this way).
Or you can serve it as a soup topped with the cheddar cheese.

No comments:

blogger trackerblogger templates