Thursday, March 17, 2011

Baked Chimichanga

Scott and I have been eating Baked Bean and Cheese Chimicangas for years.  When I was a vegetarian, way back when, I use to search my vegetarian cookbooks for recipes that I thought Scott might enjoy too.  This recipe hits the spot...even if my children only really enjoy eating the outside shell!  They say the "crust" is yummy.  Only my children would be willing to eat the crust!

Bean and Cheese Chimicangas

1 can of refried beans
2 cups of shredded cheese
1/3 cup salsa
1 tsp ground cumin
1/3 cup of butter
8 tortillas

Heat oven to 475. 
Combine beans, cheese, salsa and cumin.
Put butter in a pie plate and microwave until butter is melted.
Place one side of a tortilla in the butter.
Remove and fill with bean mixture.
Roll up envelope fashion and place seam side down in 13x9 inch baking dish.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy!








No comments:

blogger trackerblogger templates