Sunday, September 30, 2007

Banana Bread

I recieved an email the other day for a recipe exchange. I thought it sounded fun, so I tried it. I have been receiving some really yummy sounding recipes, but the only one I've made so far is this one. It's a very moist banana bread recipe, and I've included the adjustments I made since I use my Demarle trays to bake with.

Moist Banana Bread (Doris Butler)

1-1/4 cup wheat pastry flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1/2 cup Smart Balance Butter
3 small ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. Penzeys Cake Spice
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add shortening and use pastry blender to cut into flour mixture.
Mash bananas (or puree) and add to flour, along with well-beaten eggs and vanilla.
When combining the liquid and dry ingredients do not over mix.
Spoon into 9 x 5" pan (it will be lumpy).
Bake in 350 deg. oven about 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

**I used my Bouquet Tray, my Mini Charlotte Tray and my Daisy Mold (for my leftovers).
The Bouquet Tray baked for 23 minutes, at 2/3 full.
The Mini Charlotte Tray baked for 10 minutes, and used 1/2 teaspoon batter per cup.
The Daisy Mold baked for 19 minutes. **

No comments:

blogger trackerblogger templates